Moon Zion & Bryce: With Arches, Canyonlands, Capitol Reef, Grand Staircase-Escalante & Moab: Hiking & Biking, Stargazing, Scenic Drives (Moon National Parks Travel Guide) (Paperback)
- Flexible Itineraries: Unique and adventure-packed ideas ranging from one day in each park to a week-long road trip covering all of them, designed for outdoor adventurers, road-trippers, families, and more
- The Best Hikes in Utah's National Parks: Individual trail maps, mileage and elevation gains, and backpacking options for Zion, Bryce Canyon, Canyonlands, Arches, Capitol Reef, and Grand Staircase-Escalante
- Experience the Outdoors: Trek between the thousand-foot walls of the Narrows, hike Angels Landing to unbelievable canyon views, and marvel at hoodoos in Bryce. Soak up the serenity of winter on cross-country skis or take a week-long road trip to hit every park on your list. Contemplate ancient Indigenous rock art throughout the parks, mountain-bike through the desert in Moab, and stay late to spot constellations in the dark sky
- How to Get There: Up-to-date information on gateway towns like Moab, park entrances, park fees, and tours
- Where to Stay: Campgrounds, resorts, and more both inside and outside the parks
- Planning Tips: When to go, what to pack, safety information, and how to avoid the crowds, with full-color photos and easy-to-use maps throughout
- Expertise and Know-How: Utah-based outdoorswoman Maya Silver shares her tips for travelers who want to backpack, mountain bike, raft, rock climb, hike, and more
Visiting more of North America's incredible national parks? Try Moon USA National Parks, Moon Yellowstone & Grand Teton, or Moon Best of Grand Canyon. Hitting the road? Try Moon Southwest Road Trip.
About Moon Travel Guides: Moon was founded in 1973 to empower independent, active, and conscious travel. We prioritize local businesses, outdoor recreation, and traveling strategically and sustainably. Moon Travel Guides are written by local, expert authors with great stories to tell—and they can't wait to share their favorite places with you.
For more inspiration, follow @moonguides on social media.
Rock/ice climbing, mountain biking, skiing, hiking, and camping fill her mountain life. These days, she’s also busy teaching her two adventurous kids to do the same.
By day, Maya is the editorial director at the outdoor brand Cotopaxi.
“The books are more easily readable than other guides. The main attractions are also marked with a special icon and sidebars and boxes highlight special information, making the Moon handbooks one of the most user-friendly guides in terms of visual appeal and organization…the quality is uniformly excellent."—Transitions Abroad
"Far from narrow minded, each Moon travel guide gives itinerary options for a variety of travelers’ budgets—from frugal to lavish. They make books catering to those who love the outdoors, those who have limited time, those staying exclusively in cities and those who’ve fully committed to living abroad. In all, they have hundreds of titles, ranging Bermuda to Budapest, that’ll teach you to embrace a new culture."—Gear Patrol, “The Best Travel Guidebooks for Every Journey”
"Moon handbooks have become known as well-written and exceptionally informative guides."—The New York Times
"Moon guides are perfect for the relaxed road tripper or outdoor explorer." —No Small Plan
"Moon handbooks are known for cannily combining logistical information with cultural background of a country or state."—Los Angeles Times