Traveling to Japan has never been so much fun--visit the land of anime, manga, cosplay, hot springs and sushi This graphic Japan travel guide is the first of its kind exploring Japanese culture from a cartoonist's perspective. Cool Japan Guide takes you on a fun tour from the high-energy urban streets of Tokyo to the peaceful Zen gardens and Shinto shrines of Kyoto and introduces you to:
- the exciting world of Japanese food--from bento to sushi and everything in between.
- the otaku (geek) culture of Japan, including a manga market in Tokyo where artists display and sell their original artwork.
- the complete Japanese shopping experience, from combini (not your run-of-the-mill convenience stores ) to depato (department stores with everything).
- the world's biggest manga, anime and cosplay festivals.
- lots of other exciting places to go and things to do--like zen gardens, traditional Japanese arts, and a ride on a Japanese bullet train.
Whether you're ready to hop a plane and travel to Japan tomorrow, or interested in Japanese culture, this fun and colorful travelogue by noted comic book artist and food blogger Abby Denson, husband Matt, friend Yuuko, and sidekick, Kitty Sweet Tooth, will present Japan in a unique and fascinating way.
About the Author
Lulu Award-winner Abby Denson has scripted for The Amazing Spider-man, The Powerpuff Girls and other comics. Her graphic novel Dolltopia won a Bronze International Manga Award and the Moonbeam Children's Book Award. Her popular blog The City Sweet Tooth is an online tour of New York's best bakeries, pastry shops, and cafes. You can view her work at abbycomix.com and citysweettooth.com.