Fodor's Essential Greek Islands: With the Best of Athens (Full-Color Travel Guide) (Paperback)
For a limited time, receive a free Fodor's Guide to Safe and Healthy Travel e-book with the purchase of this guidebook Go to fodors.com for details.
Whether you want to catch the sunset in Santorini, party in Mykonos, or explore ancient ruins in Rhodes, the local Fodor's travel experts in Greece are here to help Fodor's Greek Islands: with the Best of Athens guidebook is packed with maps, carefully curated recommendations, and everything else you need to simplify your trip-planning process and make the most of your time. This new edition has been fully-redesigned with an easy-to-read layout, fresh information, and beautiful color photos. Fodor's "Essential" guides have been named by Booklist as the Best Travel Guide Series of 2020
Fodor's Essential Greek Islands: with the Best of Athens travel guide includes:
- AN ILLUSTRATED ULTIMATE EXPERIENCES GUIDE to the top things to see and do
- MULTIPLE ITINERARIES to effectively organize your days and maximize your time
- MORE THAN 30 DETAILED MAPS to help you navigate confidently
- COLOR PHOTOS throughout to spark your wanderlust
- HONEST RECOMMENDATIONS FROM LOCALS on the best sights, restaurants, hotels, nightlife, shopping, activities, and more
- PHOTO-FILLED "BEST OF" FEATURES on "Best Beaches in Greece," "What to Buy" and more
- TRIP-PLANNING TOOLS AND PRACTICAL TIPS including when to go, getting around, beating the crowds, and saving time and money
- HISTORICAL AND CULTURAL INSIGHTS providing rich context on the local people, politics, art, architecture, cuisine, and more
- SPECIAL FEATURES on "Which Island Is for You?" "What to Watch and Read Before You Visit," and "What to Eat and Drink"
- LOCAL WRITERS to help you find the under-the-radar gems
- GREEK LANGUAGE PRIMER with useful words and essential phrases
- UP-TO-DATE COVERAGE ON: Santorini, Mykonos, Milos, Crete, Corfu, Rhodes, Athens, the Dodecanese, the Ionian Islands, Delos, Folegandros, the Cyclades, Patmos, Hydra, Skopelos, Naxos, Paros, Antiparos, Kos, the Northern Aegean Islands, Heraklion, Greek mythology, Palace of Knossos, the Acropolis, the best beaches in Greece, and more.
Planning on visiting other destinations in Greece? Check out Fodor's Essential Greece.
*Important note for digital editions: The digital edition of this guide does not contain all the images or text included in the physical edition.
ABOUT FODOR'S AUTHORS: Each Fodor's Travel Guide is researched and written by local experts. Fodor's has been offering expert advice for all tastes and budgets for over 80 years. For more travel inspiration, you can sign up for our travel newsletter at fodors.com/newsletter/signup, or follow us @FodorsTravel on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. We invite you to join our friendly community of travel experts at fodors.com/community to ask any other questions and share your experience with us