Moon 52 Things to Do in Boston: Local Spots, Outdoor Recreation, Getaways (Paperback)
- Cool things to do in and around the city: Stroll over to the Rose Kennedy Greenway or rent a kayak on the Charles. Dig in to dim sum in Chinatown and get lost in the stacks at Boston Public Library. Immerse yourself in local history on the Black Heritage Trail and get to know Cambridge beyond Harvard Yard. Pay respect to Boston’s sports dynasties or take in a drag show at Jacques
- Day trips and weekend getaways: Rejuvenate on a weekend in the Berkshires, discover America’s LGBTQ playground in Provincetown, get your feet wet at the beach, or explore a new art exhibit at Mass MoCA
- Experiences broken down by category: Find ideas for each season, activities for kids, outdoor adventures, arts and culture, scenic drives, and more
- A local's advice: Whether it’s a worthwhile stop on the Freedom Trail or a neighborhood food hall, local author Cameron Sperance knows the ins and outs of Boston
- Inspirational full-color photos throughout
- Easy-to-scan planning tips: Addresses, time allotment, T stops, and tips for avoiding the crowds if you're heading to a popular attraction
About Moon Travel Guides: Moon was founded in 1973 to empower independent, active, and conscious travel. We prioritize local businesses, outdoor recreation, and traveling strategically and sustainably. Moon Travel Guides are written by local, expert authors with great stories to tell—and they can't wait to share their favorite places with you.
For more inspiration, follow @moonguides on social media.
Today, his home is in the South End, but he loves venturing beyond his front stoop to explore quaint neighborhood markets and new restaurants, or to go for runs along the Charles River with his husband and their dog.
While he’s an avid traveler, his favorite view is of the Boston skyline as his plane, or ferry, returns home.
He’s covered every aspect of his adopted hometown for publications like the Boston Herald, Scene magazine, Stuff Boston, and Bisnow.