Watercolor Made Simple: Techniques, Projects, and Encouragement to Get Started Painting and Creating – with traceable designs and QR codes to online tutorials (Paperback)
Watercolor is a wonderful medium to explore your creativity, unwind, and have fun. Whether you’re new to watercolor painting or looking to expand your skills, Watercolor Made Simple will guide you to connect more personally with your watercolor practice and build your painting skills in a relaxing, welcoming way. Nicki Traikos, who teaches popular watercolor classes through life i design, wants to help you avoid the struggles and frustrations she experienced when learning to paint with watercolors by providing encouraging instruction, easy tutorials, and beautifully illustrated step-by-step projects.
Consider this your invitation to the world of watercolor as you:
- Get familiar with paints, brushes, and papers
- Learn fundamental watercolor washes and brushstrokes
- Explore simple color theory and color mixing
- Use a sketchbook to gather inspiration
- Paint more than 15 popular subjects, such as flowers, leaves, feathers, still lifes, and simple landscapes, step by step
You’ll also find:
- QR codes that link to helpful video tutorials
- Traceable line drawings that allow you to jump right into painting
- Charming papercrafting projects to feature your watercolor paintings
- Tips for storing and displaying your art—and even what to do with paintings you don’t love
With gentle encouragement and techniques she has honed through teaching tens of thousands of watercolor students, Nicki will soon have you painting your favorite subjects with ease and enjoyment.
Nicki Traikos is the founder of life i design,through which she teaches thousands of students to paint in watercolor, produces books, and inspires people to live their most creative lives. A self-taught artist who has also worked in the corporate world and as a makeup artist, she has taught more than 50,000 students from around the world in her Watercolors Made Simple courses. Nicki and her work have been featured in a number of magazines, including Where Women Create, In Her Studio, and UPPERCASE magazine’s Compendium. Nicki has published two books of trace-and-paint images and also teaches monthly live classes on the Michaels website. She lives in Unionville, Ontario, Canada.
YouTube: Nicki Traikos @lifeidesign
Facebook: life i design @lifeidesign
Pinterest: life i design @nickitraikos
"An ideal and comprehensive introduction to the medium and unreservedly recommended."—Midwest Book Review
"This is a delightful introductory visit to the watercolor domain, with skillful lessons and warm encouragement radiating through the pages."—Portland Book Review